Most of the information below was gleaned from War Department announcements that appeared in the Syracuse Herald-Journal. Some of the servicemen and women listed on these pages did not live in Solvay or the town of Geddes, but in neighborhoods associated more with the village than with the city of Syracuse where their homes were located. I've corrected what I believe were spelling errors, particularly in regard to names. However, I'm sure errors remain. To correct them or to add people I inadvertently overlooked, contact me at the email address at the bottom of the page. — JACK MAJOR
- T -

Following in the footsteps of his brother, a Syracuse youth applied at the Navy recruiting station in the Federal Building Wednesday for enlistment. Floyd Tagliaferri, 19, of 512 Second Street, Solvay, widely known Solvay sprinter, enlisted last month and is now awaiting word that will start him off on a life in the Navy.

Yesterday his brother, Victor Tagliaferri, 22, talked with Chief Boatswain Mate A. E. Wakefield at the Navy station and signified his intention of enlisting. (10/13/38)

Gunnery Sgt. Victor J. Tagliaferri of the Marines, husband of Teresa (Froio) Tagliaferri, 546 Seymour Street, arrived at Camp Pendleton, Oeanside, California, after 25 months duty in the Southwest Pacific before coming home on furlough. (7/15/44)


Usidio Tagliaferri, son of James and Concetta Tagliarferri, 512 Second Street, was transferred from the Naval Air Station, Bunker Hill, Indiana, where he completed primary flight training to the Naval Air Training Center, Pensacola, Florida, for intensified training. (6/5/44)

Ensign Usidio Tagliaferri of Solvay was commissioned an ensign in the Naval Reserve and designated a Naval Aviator at the Naval Air Training Station, Pensacola, Florida. (12/8/44)

Three sons of Mr. and Mrs. James Tagliaferri of 512 Second Street, Solvay, are serving in the armed forces. They are Ensign Usidio Tagliaferri, who has successfully completed the last phase of his Navy flight training at the Carrier Qualification Training Unit based at the Naval Air Station, Glenview, Illinois; Gunnery Sgt. Victor Tagliaferri of the U. S. Marine Corps, and Gunners Mate 3/c Floyd Tagliaferri of the U. S. Navy. (7/8/45)

Victor Tagliaferri became a planner with Allied Chemical Corporation, retiring after 35 years. He died in December, 2000, survived by both brothers.


Syracuse Herald-Journal, January 2, 1945
Fifteenth Air Force in Italy — T/Sgt.
Rudolph J. Tarolli, 20, son of Mr. and Mrs. Primo Tarolli, 112 Russet Lane, Solvay, has flown 50 missions over enemy territory in Nazi Europe.

He is a radio operator-gunner on a B-24 Liberator and has participated in bombing missions against targets in Austria, Germany, France, Italy and the Balkan countries. His first mission was the bombing of an airdrome at Mardersdorf and his 50th was an attack on industrial installations in Munich.

His most memorable mission was the bombing of defense installations in support of the Allied landings on the coast of Southern France on August 15.

Sgt. Tarolli, a machinist helper in civilian life, entered the Army in April, 1943, and received his gunner’s wings at Yuma, Arizona, March 6, 1944. He has been awarded the air medal with three oak leaf clusters and also wears the good conduct medal and the European-African-Middle Eastern theater ribbon with two campaign stars.

Rudolph Tarolli's brother, Rigo P. Tarolli of 112 Russet Lane, Solvay, also served in the Army.

Frederick E. Tarolli, son of Frank and Rose Tarolli, a lifelong resident of Lakeland, also was a World War 2 veteran. He retired in 1982 after 35 years as an Offset Lithographer at Brad-Litho of Syracuse. He belonged to the Lakeland Senior Citizens, The Orchard Game Club, The Tyrol Club of Solvay, the Loyal Order of the Moose Lodge 625, and the Kouples Klub of Solvay. He died in August, 2003, at the age of 81, survived by his wife of 55 years, Theresa Geiss Tarolli, four children and nine grandchildren.

Another Army veteran of World War 2, Harmon Dominick Tarolli, 74, of 205 Bailey St., Solvay, died in 1991. He was an outstanding hockey player at Solvay High School and for several years afterward with the Clinton Comets of the Eastern Hockey League. He worked as a meters and instrument repairman at Allied Chemical Corp. for 43 years. He was a member of Post 159 of the American Legion, the Solvay Tyrol Club and Geddes Vets.

Peter Andrew Tarolli,a son of Peter and Johanna Tarolli, grew up at and was a longtime resident of 910 Second Street, Solvay. He was a staff sergeant in the Army during World War 2. He graduated cum laude from Syracuse University. Tarolli retired after 28 years from Solvay Bank. He established the Peter A. Tarolli Scholarship Fund at Syracuse University in the 1980s for business management students. He died in 1997 at the age of 79. His brother, the Rev. James W. Tarolli, also was an Army veteran of the war who also died in 1997 at the age of 75. The Rev. Tarolli was pastor of the Solvay Assembly of God Church.

Syracuse Herald-Journal, July 2, 1945
Marine Pfc.
Eugene C. Temple, 19, expert rifleman who finally saw action after many requests for overseas duty, is listed by the Navy as missing in action.

His parents, Mr. and Mrs. Grant E. Temple of 1003 Third Street, Solvay, were notified he has been missing since May in Okinawa.

At boot camp in Parris Island, South Carolina, Temple came within one point of tying the rifle range record. Expecting a quick trip overseas, he faced disappointment when the Marine Corps assigned him as a rifle instructor.

That was shortly after he enlisted in October, 1943, and for the next year he did nothing but instruct — and pester his commanding officer for overseas assignment.

In November, 1944, the Solvay resident and his unit finally took a boat ride to Guadalcanal, where Pfc. Temple ran into a delay when he broke some bones in his foot.

However, he got out of the hospital in time to make the Okinawa invasion with the second wave on the night of April 1.

Later the War Department declared that Pfc. Temple had been killed in action.

Benjamin J. Terejko, 71, of 105 Abell Ave., Solvay, died in 1991. A life resident of Solvay, he was an Army veteran of World War 2 and a retiree from Pass & Seymour.
Joseph J. Terejko, brother of Benjamin Terejko, also served with the Army during World War 2. A native of Solvay, Joseph Terejko moved to Warners in 1953. He retired from Crucible Steel in 1965. He died in 1989 at the age of 71.

Corp. John K. Terry, son of Mr. and Mrs. Peter Terry of 311 Darrow Avenue, Solvay, enjoyed a 15-day furlough with his family and relatives. He formerly was stationed at Tampa, Florida, and trandsferred to Harding Field, Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He is an arrial engineer. (12/2/43)

Sgt. John K. Terry of Solvay was promoted to his present rank at Harding Field, Louisiana. He is undergoing training with a fighter bomber unit. (2/2/44)


Marc G. Terziev, son of Mr. and Mrs. George N. Terziev of 109 Cherry Road, Westvale, is in training as an aviation cadet at Maxwell Field, Alabama. He formerly attended Syracuse University and before entering the Army was connected with Bell Aircraft Corporation of Buffalo. (1/9/43)

Second Lieutenant Marc Terziev, son of Mr. and Mrs. George N. Terziev, Cherry Road, Westvale, was commissioned and received the wings of a flying officer at Columbus Air Field, Missouri. Before he enlisted for pilot training he attended Syracuse University. (7/2/43)

Solvay High School graduate Marc G. Terziev went on to go graduate from the Syracuse University law school in 1949 and have a career as an attorney that spanned more than 40 years. As a pilot he few 31 missions in the Euroopean Theater. He received a Distinguished Flying Cross for his service. He died in October, 2004, at the age of 84.

The Air Medal was recently awarded to S/Sgt. John H. Terziev of 109 Cherry Road, Westvale, by Maj. Gen. Paul L. Williams, commander of the U. S. Troop Carrier Forces of the First Allied Airborne Army. (7/5/45)

John H. Terzien graduated from Syracuse University and many years later retired as an electrical engineer with Motorola Corporation. He died in 1998 at the age of 80, predeceased by his wife, the former Mary Nardella.


Pvts. John V. Terzolo and Edward Terzolo, sons of Mrs. Theresa Terzolo of 212 Caroline Avenue, Solvay, are far apart in their present stations.

John, inducted March 17, 1942, after graduating from Solvay High School and later working at Solvay Process Company, is stationed at Camp Bordon Johnston, Florida.

Edward, inducted December, 1942, is a former student of Solvay High School and former Lamson Company employe. He is serving as a military policeman at Newport News, Va. (2/23/43)

John V. Terzolo was killed in action in 1944. Edward Terzolo returned to Solvay and worked at Allied Chemical Corporation (Solvay Process) for 35 years before retiring in 1985. He was a member of the Solvay Tigers, Solvay Geddes Youth Center and the Tyrol Club. He was married to Carmella Pirro, who died in 1993. Edward Terzolo died in 2009. He was 87.

Gordon C. Theisen graduated from Solvay High School and entered the Army during World War 2. Afterward he graduated from the State University College at Oswego and attended St. Lawrence University. He taught industrial arts in Colton-Pierrepont schools, owned and operated Adirondack Motor Sales Pontiac/AMC, Potsdam, and owned Gordon C. Theisen Real Estate Development. He settled in Hannaway Falls where he died in May, 2001, at the age of 75.
Albert Joseph Thibeault, 83, of Geddes, died October 24, 2010. He was a graduate of St. Vincent DePaul High School and was a U.S. Army veteran. He was employed with National Biscuit Co. and Seneca Steel. He was survived by his wife of 53 years, the former Fay Stoddard.
Arthur R. Thibault, a graduate of Solvay High School, was a seaman first class and aviation radioman in the U.S. Navy during World War 2. He retired as a salesman from Schuler's Potato Chips and had also worked driving a charter bus for Onondaga Coach. He died in May, 2007, at the age of 81.

Frederick E. Thrane was a veteran of World War 2, serving in the United States Navy in the invasion of Normandy Beach. He was a native of Pittsfield, Massachusetts, and a graduate of the Rhode Island School of Design, who moved to Solvay in 1957 and remained there the rest of his life. He was a founding member of Onondaga County Ski Club and a member of Solvay Tigers Athletic Club. Fred's art talents were well known in the Syracuse area. His signs and wood carvings are still seen in many homes and businesses. He died in June, 2009, at the age of 86

Harold N. Tice Jr., private, son of Mr. and Mrs. Harold N. Tice Sr., 210 Hall Avenue, Solvay, has safely arrived in Australia. Pvt. Tice, a graduate of Solvay High School, enlisted January 17. (7/15/42)

Harold N. Tice Jr. moved to Homer, New York, and later to Florida where he died in March, 2008, at the age of 87.

Sgt. Albert W. (Bill) Tindall, 22, son Mr. and Mrs. Joseph F. Tindall of 2833 Milton Avenue, Solvay, was wounded during the invasion of North Africa and has been awarded a Purple Heart. He sent the medal to his mother for Mother’s Day. Sgt. Tindall was promoted from corporal to sergeant when he received his medal. He returned from the hospital to join his unit, a tank destroyer crew, in the thick of the fight. (5/13/43)

Technical Sgt. Albert W. Tindall has been awarded the Bronze Star Medal, the War Department announced today. Sgt. Tindall was awarded the Purple Heart for wounds suffered in Africa some time ago. He enlisted in the infantry in November, 1940. He is a graduate of Apprentice Training School and was employed by the Smith-Murray Corporation before enlistment. (1/15/45)

Albert W. Tindall was a second lieutenant when he was dicharged in 1946.

Joseph L. Tindall, 409 First Street, Solvay, will report to Buffalo for induction into the Navy, it was reported today by Selective Service Board 472, Skaneateles. (3/27/44)

Joseph L. Tindall retired as owner of Syracuse Brace Company. He moved to Zephyrhills, Florida, where he died in 2001 at the age of 82. His survivors included his wife, Annete, and five children.


Awaiting his commission in the Navy, Dr. Arthur J. Tindall, 815 Woods Road, Solvay, is interning in Auburn. He was graduated from the University of Buffalo with the degree of doctor of dental surgery last week.

Dr. Tindall is the son of the late Charles R. Tindall and Mrs. Margaret Tindall of the Woods Road address. He was graduated from Solvay High School where he was a member of the basketball and football teams, and studied at Syracuse University before going to the University of Buffalo. (6/6/45)

Dr. Arthur J. Tindall was a Solvay native and a US Navy veteran of World War 2, serving as a dental officer. A graduate of the University of Buffalo School of Dentistry, class of 1945, he entered private practice on Woods Road, Solvay, in 1947 and didn't retire until 1999. His wife, the former Alice M. O'Brien died on March 1, 2010. Arthur J. Tindall passed away eight weeks later. He was 90 years old.


Pvt. Edward C. Tobin, 18, was wounded in Germany February 9, a War Department telegram informs his mother, Mrs. Genevieve Tobin of 122 Caroline Avenue, Solvay.

Pvt. Tobin, an infantryman in the First Army, has been in service since June, 1944. He trained at Camp Blanding, Florida, and went overseas last December. He attended Solvay High School and had been employed by E. C. Stearns & Company before entering the Army. (2/28/45)

Edward C. Tobin Sr., 86, of Westvale, died in December, 2012. He was born at home on Caroline Avenue, Solvay, in 1926 and moved to Westvale after his marriage to Helen Mortas. He particpated in both the Normandy Beach invasion and the Battle of the Bulge, and was a recipient of the Purple Heart. He was president of Edward C. Tobin Trucking, Inc. He was predeceased by Helen, his wife of 59 years.

Mrs. Eleanor Todd of 110 Armstront Road, Lakeland, has five immediate relatives helping Uncle Sam to win the war. Her husband, Jed Arthur Todd, was recently commissioned an ensign in the Navy and is now at the Naval Training School at Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, while two brothers are serving in the Army. They are Master Sergeant Henry M. Todeschini, stationed at Camp Grant, Illinois, and Pvt. Rudy Salvetti, who is in training at Camp Robinson, Arkansas. Sgt. Arthur Tarolli, a brother-in-law, is serving with the Army in the Caribbean theater, and Pvt. Harmon Tarolli, another brother-in-law, is at Camp Stewart, Georgia. (12/6/42)
T/5 Fred Todeschini, Solvay, was discharged from Lowry Field, Colorado. (10/8/45)

Fred Todeschini of 401 Woods Road,Solvay, died in December, 1998. He was 81. Todeschini was born in Tully, New York, but lived almost all of his life in Solvay, working more than 30 years for Allied Chemical Corporation, better known to Central New Yorkers as the Solvay Process Company. His wife, Justina, died in 1997. He was survived by his brother, Livio.

Livio Todeschini, 98, of Solvay, died February 24, 2012. Born in Tully, he moved to the Tyrol region of Italy before immigrating back to Solvay at the age of 16, where he resided most of his life. He was a U.S. Army veteran of World War 2, serving in the China-India-Burma Theater. He was a boiler repairman at Allied Chemical for nearly 40 years before retiring in 1975. He was predeceased by his wife of 60 years, the former Hilda Nicolini.
Sgt. Richard Togni, 404 Second Street, Solvay, is serving overseas. He trained at Drew Field, Florida. Sgt. Togni has an infant son he has never seen. He plays the piano and has been active in dances and entertainments overseas in leisure hours. (12/26/43)

Richard A. Togni Sr. was born in Solvay, youngest of 11 children of John and Ancilla (Papaleoni) Togni. He was an Army Air Corp veteran of World War 2, participating in the D-Day Invasion of Normandy at Omaha Beach, where he was wounded and received the Purple Heart. He was an Industrial Engineer at Daimler Chrysler Corporation—New Process Gear Division before retiring in 1979. He died in December, 2006, at the age of 86. He was predeceased by his wife of 57 years, Theresa DalFonso Togni.

Albert P. Tomasetti, 102 William Street, Solvay, was inducted into the Army on March 21, 1944. He entered the air forces six days later. He and the entire crew of a B-29 were lost at sea in April, 1945, when their plane was rammed by a Japanese kamikaze.
Corp. Carl J. Tomi, 200 Alice Avenue, Solvay, inducted into the Army on January 18, 1943, was discharged from Fort Dix, New Jersey. (12/27/45)
Sgt. John F. Toohey, Solvay, was discharged from Fort Dix, New Jersey. (12/19/45)
Pvt. Henry Tornarolli, son of Mr. and Mrs. Domino Tornarolli of 109 South Avenue, Solvay, has returned to duty at the Army Replacement, Greenville, Pennsylvania, after a brief furlough. (5/6/43)
William G. Torrey, a Solvay native and a graduate of Solvay High School, was an Army veteran of World War 2. He retired from the Steamfitters Union in 1982. William G. Torrey died in September, 2007, at the age of 89, predeceased by his wife, the former Geraldine Leahy.
S/Sgt. Anthony M. Torzon, Solvay, was discharged from the Army at Fort Dix, New Jersey. (10/8/45)
Maj. Harold L. Townsend, former principal of Boyd School, Solvay, and one of the first Central New York reserve officers to be called to active duty, has received order to report to Mitchel Field, Long Island, after having been on duty at the Rome Air Depot. Major Townsend also served overseas during World War I as a corporal. (8/11/42)
James P. Tracy, son of Mr. and Mrs. Jerry F. Tracy of 803 Second Street, Solvay, was graduated recently from the Naval Training School, Naval Armory, Indianapolis, Indiana. He awaits further assignment to sea or to shore station where his training will help him earn the petty officer rate of radioman, third class. (9/7/45)

Patrick J. Trivison, 22, son of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph Trivison, 1000 Cogswell Avenue, Solvay, who has been in the service six months, has been promoted to sergeant at Fort Knox, Kentucky. He has been home on a short leave. Graduated from Solvay High School two years ago, he was employed by Pass & Seymour before entering the service. (11/22/42)

Staff Sgt. Patrick J. Trivison of Solvay will assume the duties of platoon leader at Camp Campbell, Kentucky. (3/19/43)

Patrick Trivison, 1000 Cogswell Avenue, Solvay, returned to New York City on the SS John Erickson. (8/8/45)

Patrick J. Trivison died in 1984 at the age of 64.


Pvt. Oca M. Tucker was wounded in action in France, November 21, his wife, Mrs. Katherine Tucker of 105 Summit Avenue, Solvay, has been informed by the War Department. He was awarded the Purple Heart.

Pvt. Tucker, a member of an anti-aircraft unit trained at Camp Stewart, Georgia, went overseas in October, 1943, and took part in the invasion of Normandy on June 6, and has been with the Third Army since that time. He is now in a hospital in France. Besides his wife, he has two children, Barbara and John. (12/13/44)

Oca M. Tucker was born in Canada in 1918 and was brought to the United States about 1930. I don't believe he lived in Solvay until he was married. He had a brother, William J. Tucker, who served in the Army during World War 2. William J. Tucker, also Canadian-born, lived most of his life in Liverpool,, but was a resident of Fayetteville when he died in 2000 at the age of 84.


Pfc. Arthur R. Tuskey, Marine Corps Reserve, son of Arthur P. Tuskey of 1627 Milton Avenue, Solvay, has been wounded in action, it was announced today by the War Department. (2/14/44)

Pfc. Arthur Tuskey was wounded again on Guam Island several months later. One eye and a shoulder were struck by shrapnel and he was taken to a hospital in Hawaii. The earlier wound was inflicted on Bougainville on December 23, 1943. He was awarded a Purple Heart that time. He enlisted in the Marine Corp on August 10, 1942 and was sent overseas in February, 1943. (9/8/44)

Arthur R. Tuskey died in 1995. He was 73 and living in Durham, North Carolina, and was vacationing in Syracuse when he passed away. He retired from the Solvay Process Company (Allied Chemical Corporation) where he had worked or 34 years. He left Syracuse, moved to Florida, then Durham close to where his son, Mark, lived. He was survived by his wife, Elizabeth; son Mark and two daughters. His wife died in 2011 in Durham.

Corp. Francis Tuttle, son of Edward Tuttle, 319 Draper Avenue, Solvay, was promoted to his present rank as an automobile mechanic at Camp Stewart, Georgia. He is a graduate of Oswego High School. (8/14/44)
Pvt. Walter Tyson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Tyson of 305 Charles Avenue, Solvay, is home on a 10-day furlough. He was inducted January 7, 1943, and after his basic training at Fort Meachem, Alabama, was transferred to Fort Meade, Maryland. (5/1/43)
- V -
Corp. Angelo Valerio, son of Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Valerio of 900 Cogswell Avenue, Solvay, has arrived at an overseas point of duty, after having been advanced to his present rank from private first class. He was formerly stationed at Camp Edwards, Massachusetts. (3/3/43)

Solvay native Angelo "Red" Valerio served with Gen. George Patton's 5th Army in the Eastern Theater of Operations. Angelo worked for Allied Chemical in Solvay before retiring as well as serving as a Deputy Sheriff with Onondaga County for 42 years. He died in December, 2007, at the age of 88, predeceased by his wife, the former Lena Chairmonte.

Constant "Connie 'Valerio, a brother of Angelo, served not only in World War 2, but in Korea and Vietnam. He died in 2007 in Huntsville, Alabama, at age 79. He was active in many military organizations and the Catholic ministries in the Huntsville area. He was survived by his wife, Bonnie.
Another child of Mr. and Mrs. Anthony Valerio served in World War 2. Pvt. Margaret Valerio Sims was in the WACs. Her husband, Lieut. Ralph H. Sims was in the Army Air Corps.
Fredrick M. Valerino, 422 Cherry Road, Westvale, was inducted into the Army. (12/8/43)

Frederick M. Valerino is an unusal success story. After the war he went to work for Lamson Corporation of Syracuse, originators in the use of pneumatic tubes. In the 1970s Valerino was located in Baltimore as the company's regional manager when Lamson put its pneumatic tube operation up for sale. At the age of 52 Valerino went into business for himself, starting a company called Pevco. Today Pevco systems provide pneumatic tube delivery systems to hospitals and healthcare facilities throughout North America.

Anthony L. Valleriani Jr., 302 Charles Avenue, Solvay, was inducted into the Army. (2/12/43)

Anthony L. Valleriani, a former Solvay resident, was a World War 2 veteran and a retired lieutenant with the Onondaga County Sheriff Department. He moved to Hawaii where he died in 2003, at age 78, survived by his wife, Marlene.

Michael A. Vanelli was a native of Compobasso, Italy, who emigrated to the United States before the war, settling in the town of Geddes. He served in the Navy during World War 2 and later was a plater with Crouse-Hines Company, retiring in 1979. He was a ticket taker at the Syracuse SkyChiefs games and worked at the War Memorial, OnCenter and State Fair. He was a member of Geddes Veterans Club. He died in 2000 at the age of 84, predeceased by his wife, the former Madeline DelVecchio, who passed away in 1997.
Pvt. William J. Van Houten, son of Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Van Houten of 129 Terry Road, is one of a group of men selected to attend the new Army finance school at the Syracuse Army Air Base. Pvt. Van Houten, who worked in the personnel department of the Central New York Power Corporation before entering the Army last March, has been at the Syracuse base since last November. He was married on December 26 to Kathryn Elizabeth Murphy daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Thomas J. Murphy of 317 Roberts Avenue. (1/27/43)
Corp. Gordon L. Van Nostrand, 213 Lionel Avenue, Solvay, was discharged from the Army at Fort Dix, New Jersey. (9/15/45)

Gordon L. Van Nostrand died in 1981.


Francis P. Vellano of Solvay was commissioned second lieutenant in the Army Air Force at Big Spring, Texas. He has been trained as a bombardier. (9/4/43)

Lieut. Francis P. Vellano, 323 Essex Street, Solvay, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Vellano, was granted a rest in the United States after 30 missions as a navigator-bombardier on a B-24 Liberator over Europe. (9/29/44)

Francis Vellano died in 1975. He grew up on one of those streets along the Solvay-Syracuse line that is partly in the village, but mostly in the city.

S/Sgt. Bernard S. Verbeck, 1004-1/2 Willis Avenue, was discharged from the Army at Fort Dix, New Jersey. (9/15/45)
Erwin G. Vertigan, 200 Darrow Avenue, Solvay, was inducted into the Army. (12/8/44)

Erwin G. Vertigan moved to Camillus after the war. He was employed 16 years with Mack Miller Candle Company. He died in 1988 at the age of 61.


Staff Sgt. Bradford H. Vineall, 23, is reported missing in action over Germany since June 21, the War Department has notified Mrs. Vineall of 328 Lionel Avenue, Solvay. Sgt. Vineall, son of Mr. and Mrs. Clarence H. Vineall, of 3202 West Genesee Street, attended Syracuse University before he enlisted in the Air Corps in September, 1943.

He served as turret gunner and radio operator on a B-24 Liberator. Last November he married Miss Gloria Jean Townsend, daughter of Major Harold L. Townsend and Mrs. Townsend of Lionel Avenue, Solvay. Major Townsend, formerly principal of Boyd School, Solvay, has been in India in the Air Corps and is now stationed at the Romulus, Michigan, Air Base. Major Townsend was recently home on leave.

Mrs. Vineall received a letter from her husband dated June 19. He had been promoted to staff seargeant June 18. He was reported missing June 21 and may be a prisoner of Germany.

He has a brother, Edwin Vineall, in service at Sampson Naval Station. (7/7/44)

A | B | C | D-E | F | G | H-I | J-K | L | M | N-O | P-Q | R | S | T-V | W-Z
For more on Solvay way back when, check out
the Solvay-Geddes Historical Society